March 31, 2014

The Jersey Mama Sets a Record

And the award goes to Jersey Mama in the category of "longest period of time with no blogging."

I have a list of excuses:
-baby
-kids
-sick dog
-school
-housework

I hope that is sufficient.

The little fella is growing like a weed.

He's six almost 8 weeks old already. *sigh* I know it always goes so fast, yet it still takes me slightly by surprise.

He was 7 lbs. 12 oz. at birth. When we brought him home he was 7 lbs. 6 oz. About 3 weeks ago at the doctor's office he weighed in at 10 lbs. 11 oz. I don't believe he was quite that heavy because he was weighed with his clothes on, but he was definitely well over 10 lbs. He has outgrown his newborn clothes and cloth diapers, and is in size 1 disposable diapers (which we use at night and when we're not home.)

He's getting better and better at holding his head up. He is awake for longer periods of time during the day, and sleeps well at night, typically waking only once to eat and giving me at least one 3-4 hour stretch of sleep -- he's even done a couple of 5-6 hour stretches lately. He is focusing on our faces, tracking the mobile over his crib, cooing, smiling at us, and one night when FIL was here he turned his whole body toward FIL's voice which was very cute.

He is generally happy and content and doesn't cry or even fuss much -- however, he is very vocal in the form of groans and grunts. Some of that is just baby noise, but some of it has seemed to be discomfort related, mostly right after he eats. I eliminated dairy from my diet which didn't seem to help much, so at his 1 month check up I discussed it with the pediatrician who agreed that it sounded like reflux. I gave it a few more days to see if we could "treat" it without medication but the poor little guy was so uncomfortable while eating and afterward that I started him on Zantac. It seems to be helping -- I don't like for him to have to be on medication, but for sure I don't like him to be miserable while eating!

My lovely friend Chrissy came over a few weeks ago and took a BUNCH of great pictures of our little man. I had asked her to do it but was only expecting her to snap a few shots with her nice camera -- instead she did a whole photography session! I'm so delighted with how they turned out. Here are just a few of my favorites:












Aren't they great? She took a bunch more but these are some of the ones I like the best. My favorite is of the three kids.

And, it was good that she took them when she did because now Bubby's hair is all falling out. First it was just on top but now the baldness is moving around the sides to the back. He seriously has old man head now. At least he's a boy so that when it starts to grow back in we can just buzz his whole head.

My mom came for two weeks (and has been home for two almost 4 weeks already! What?) We LOVED having her here. She was a big help but overall I think we just liked having her around. I have a few pictures but those will have to go in another post because this mama is going to bed now ...

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I tried to leave a comment....But Yay! great pics.