February 15, 2011

Tongue-Twisted

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, but I worked my regular hours until 7:00, so today the girls and I took Eric on a date to T.G.I. Friday's. We didn't tell the Boogie where we were going (we never tell her where we are going, it generates too much of "Are we going to __________?" even though we've told her a dozen times already,) just that we were going out to dinner.

In the car she asked, "Are we going to dinner?"
"Yes," I replied.
"Oh, where are we going to have dinner at?"
"A restaurant," I told her.
"Oh, a rench-raunch? A rech-rau ... rench ..." Pause, then:

"When I grow up, I can say that word. Rench-raunch." Giggle, giggle, giggle. She tried again, "Rench-raunch. Rech-rosh." She really couldn't say it. More giggling. "I'm funny, am I, Honey?"

I hope she learns to say it before she grows up. At least she's a good sport about it.

No comments: