January 14, 2013

The Adventures of Mama Dog: Bird Watching

After Christmas we bird-sat the cousins' parakeets, Jack and Mr. Pickles, for a week.

Mama Dog was beside herself.

The birds stayed in the girls' room because it was warmest there. At every chirp, Mama Dog would jump the gate and dash down the hall to the bedroom, where she would sit like this for hours:



Nothing would deter her from jumping the gate (which she KNOWS she is not supposed to do) or tempt her away. The birds ignored her, except for when I put the cage on the floor right before they were picked up. Mama Dog pressed her nose to the cage, and Mr. Pickles flapped at her, chirping angrily. Mama Dog had to be physically restrained after that!

I hear rumors of a doggie/birdie playdate in the future. I don't know who will be hosting that -- somehow I don't think anyone is eager to have a dog chasing a bird through their house ... I have visions of little birdie heart attacks ...

In the meantime, I imagine that Mama Dog's dreams are filled with parakeets.

2 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

That's really cute.

Abbie @ lovinourchaos said...

Awww, I love that Mama Dog!

Btw, I have awarded you the Liebster AWard on my blog. Come on over to claim it!