January 8, 2014

Wait, What?

One whole week of January is gone.

On one hand, this is nice. It means we're one week closer to meeting Bacon.

On the other hand, it's kind of alarming because I'm not necessarily one week more ready to meet Bacon. I have projects I'm working on and I still need to order the car seat.
*sidenote: since starting this post I have ordered the car seat and continued to work on projects.

It also means that it's been two weeks since Christmas and how is that even possible? Seriously, I have got to take down the decorations. *sidenote: the decorations are down and the living room is semi-normal again. And Mama Dog is bewildered and confused because she just got used to it the other way and we changed it all up on her again.

On a totally unrelated note, it's 4 degrees outside. *sidenote: it was four degrees. Now it's ten. I plan to stay in my bathrobe all day.

Time to begin my annual countdown: only 71 70 days until spring!

We started back to school this week. I'm impressed with the Boogie -- she hasn't forgotten anything! We only had four-day weeks all through December before taking completely off for two whole weeks, and the last official week of school was really laid-back without lessons in everything. So, she is doing really well. Peabody, on the other hand, needs to be re-trained in not being a distraction. It's a good thing she is cute ...

... because sometimes she does awful things, like tell the very friendly lady at the cutting counter at Joann Fabrics, "You have a weird face." Oh, the mortification. I've never heard her tell anyone anything like that. I could not have anticipated that at all in order to prevent it. I felt my face turn twelve shades of red. So yes ... it's a good thing she is cute. Also it's a good thing I don't need anything from Joann Fabrics because I won't be going back there anytime soon.
Self-portrait I found on my memory card
I am 36 weeks pregnant today. In general I feel heavy and uncomfortable. Some days are better than others. Some nights I sleep better than others. Part of me wants Bacon to come in a couple of weeks, another part of me really wants him/her to have a February birthday. A couple of appointments ago Dr. S said that Bacon won't be small, but at the last one he guessed around 7 pounds. So who knows?

The girls are adamant that they want a baby brother. At every opportunity I encourage them that another sister would be nice, too. I tell them that God has chosen the perfect baby for our family, whether a girl or a boy. They reluctantly agree with me. The Boogie wisely doesn't say anything more, but Peabody can't help herself: "but if Bacon is a sister, I will just be really upset."

I just inadvertently deleted my blog background and had to start from scratch. That's more than an hour of my day gone forever.

And now my day is completely gone and I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

JLS said...

Cutest babies ever! XoX