June 19, 2010

Baby Stats

Yesterday we took Pheboo (Phoobee? Phebis? PhiPhi? I still haven't decided.) for her one-month check-up. She was at actually 5.5 weeks and I can't help but wonder if that combined with her 2-week-late arrival has anything to do with her current size: 11 lbs 14 oz and 22.5 inches. She is in the ninetieth percentile for height and the ninety-seventh percentile for weight! Whew!

I refused the hep B shot for her again (I want to wait until 2 months to start immunizations) and mentioned briefly to the doctor that I am considering delaying vaccinations. What I should have said was that I am considering spacing out her shots -- hey, I have a 5-week-old, I have a difficult time communicating sometimes these days! The doctor was nice but made it very clear that he did not consider delaying vaccinations to be a smart thing to do. The topic has never come up on any of our previous visits to that office so it was interesting to hear what he had to say about it. We will see a different doctor at her 2-month check-up and I'll discuss it with her as well. I do choose to immunize. I want my children protected against infectious diseases. I just hate doing 3 or 4 shots at a time. If my little baby should have a reaction, how will I know which one it is to?

My Man has been working a lot lately. He worked last Saturday for 5 hours of overtime last week, and he worked a full 55 hours this week which will look fabulous on his next paycheck! The overtime won't last but it's nice for now.

Nothing new to report on our house closing. The Senate voted to extend the deadline for the tax credit from June 30 to September 30 so we'll see if the President signs it into effect. That would be nice for us should we have to extend again, but we're very hopeful that we can still close by the end of this month.

Sadly I do not have any new pictures to upload. I am slacking off in the picture-taking department. I'll try to get some new ones posted soon!

No comments: