September 21, 2009

The Last Day Of Summer

I can't believe summer is officially going to be over tomorrow. I sort of feel like we got cheated out of it -- it was so short this year! Oh well. Maybe we'll have a nice long pleasant fall. So far we've had nice September weather.

My downstairs neighbors are smoking out on the front porch and it is coming in my windows. I can close my windows when I smell it, but then it's trapped inside. I can keep my windows closed all the time but then I never get any fresh air. Plus if they aren't smoking outside, they are smoking inside and it comes up through our furnace into our apartment. There is no escaping it. I really hate cigarette smoke. I especially hate when it comes into my own home.

Yesterday in the car we were listening to a children's cd. During "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" the Boogie would correct the singers over every animal. If they sang, "And on that farm he had a cow," she would say, "No, no, no! He had a pig!" and so on and so forth.

On Friday we watched H-man and his little brother whom the Boogie calls Toto. His name is NOT Toto but I think it's funny that she calls him that. They were both so good. H-man stayed all night though Toto went home with his parents when they got back. He is the cutest little thing with the chubbiest cheeks you ever saw. He didn't really want to take a bottle though I did my best to coax him, and even though he went a long time without eating much and I knew he was hungry, he never cried more than just a tiny bit of fussing here and there!

HE is here playing with the Boogie this morning. They get along so nicely. It's a good thing today because my stomach feels as if I've been reading in the car while riding backwards. I think I'll go back to the couch for a little while ...

1 comment:

Cove Girl said...

I have the same kind of neighbors, below me and beside me:P. If you know that the contract has a no smoking rule in it's lease I would say something to the land lord. You may not be able to do anything about the outside, but you should at least be able to control the inside of the apt. How do they know that you don't have asthma or something? Right? Oh, well that's my unsolicited advice. I saw your parents this week. It was nice to talk to your mom again, she's great! T/C.