March 28, 2013

Spam

No, not this:
www.spam.com 

I mean internet spam. I don't get many spam comments but here are some recent ones I enjoyed:

"Hi to every body, it's my first pay a visit of this weblog; this web site contains amazing and truly fine information designed for readers."

Why, yes, my blog DOES contain amazing and truly fine information for readers.

"I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog.
Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays."

Aw, shucks, you flatter me ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peabody has started getting up when she wakes up in the morning or after a nap. She used to stay in bed and call me. Now she comes to find me and says, "Hi Honey, look who here?"

I heard something fall in another room and called out, "What was that?" Peabody yelled back, "It was a crash!"

We went for a walk and at one point Peabody started bouncing in her seat in the front of the stroller. "Stop doing that," I told her. She quit for about a minute then started up again. "Please stop," I said more firmly. Again she ceased for about a minute then started again. This time I stopped the stroller so I could walk around and deal with her, but she bounced up just as I stopped and the forward momentum carried her right out of her seat. She landed on her hands and knees on the sidewalk and began to wail. Snickering, I comforted her while admonishing, "See what happens when you disobey?" I wish I had a video of that. I keep replaying it in my head and it makes me laugh every time.

She sings "Twinkle, Twinkle" like this: "Up up up up worl' so high, up up up up ..." then trails off because she can't remember what comes next.

The Boogie recently learned that there is such a thing as a dictionary. She is fascinated by a book full of words and their meanings. She asks us to look up words, any words. She opens it and points to a word and asks, "What about this one?"

One day the girls were watching The Cat in the Hat on PBS. The Boogie came to find me and said, "Thing One and Thing Two's words are really disappointing." Thing One and Thing Two speak gibberish.
"Hmm, are you sure you mean 'disappointing'?" I replied, figuring she meant to say something like confusing, "I don't think that means what you think it does."
"Well, I am really disappointed! I can't understand what they're saying!" she insisted.
Oh, well, in that case I guess she's right!