July 26, 2010

"Hey Honey, Guess What?"

A few months ago MIL took the Boogie and me to a concert that SIL3 was singing in. It was at the college where SIL3 attended. The Boogie had been there a few other times with her Auntie. Ever since then on an almost daily basis we have had this conversation (often multiple times a day; and she has it with other people, too, using their names) with variations:

Boogie: "Hey Honey, guess what?"
Me: "What?"
B: "I'm gonna go to Auntie's school tomorrow!"

After my sister came to visit:
B: "Hey Honey, guess what?"
M: "What?"
B: "I'm gonna go to Auntie's school tomorrow, and Auntie Vee too!"
This was said with the exact same voice inflection every single time and lasted the longest of any of the variations, probably several weeks. 

Then there was this one:
B: "Hey Honey, guess what?"
M: "What?"
B: "I'm gonna go to my school tomorrow. I'm gonna ride on the big, old, large bus to my school. The big, old, large school bus. It's yellow." (For some reason the adjective "old" is used to describe many, many things. I don't know what she thinks it means, but she obviously thinks it's something good.)
M: "Oh, well, when you're five years old you will start school and we're going to have it at our house. You're going to go to our home school and I will be your teacher!"
B: "You will be my teacher?"
M: "Yep!"
B: "And Daddy too?"
M: "Sure, and Daddy too."
B: "Oh. When I'm five?"
M: "Yes, when you're five."
B: "Oh. A home school?"
M: "Yep, a home school, right in our house."

And a few days later:
B: "Hey Honey, guess what?"
M: "What?"
B: "I'm gonna go to my school tomorrow. Not a home school. Just a school. And I'm gonna ride on the big, old, large school bus to my school." We heard that one several times.

A week or so ago it went like this:
B: "Hey Honey, guess what?"
M: "What?"
B: "I'm gonna go to my school tomorrow. It's way far away."
M: "Oh, really?"
B: "Yayuh. It's way over dere, by the bafroom."

We went to the library where she met a little girl and promptly informed her that she would be going to her school tomorrow. The little girl responded with, "I'm going to go to kindergarten." The Boogie was intrigued. On our way home from the library the variation was as follows:
B: "Hey Honey, guess what?"
M: "What?"
B: "I'm gonna go to my school tomorrow! I'm gonna go to pembergarden!"

That is the latest one. I wonder what she'll come up with next?