September 28, 2010

The Hair Story

*Warning: this is a diaper story and may not be appreciated by those with very squeamish stomachs*

One evening last week My Man and the Boogie and the Phebis and I were all in the living room watching something on television. The Phebis' diaper seemed a little soggy so I decided to change it.

When I opened the tabs I noticed a long hair stuck to her tush.

Now, this is a household of long hair. SIL3 has very long, dark, thick hair. The Boogie's hair is pretty long. Mine is about shoulder length. It stands to reason, then, that with so much long hair floating around, the Phebis gets hold of it fairly often. I am constantly untangling loose hairs from her fingers and picking them off of her clothes.

Therefore I was only slightly surprised to find a long hair inside of a diaper. It must have fallen in when I changed her last.

I tried to wipe it away with a baby wipe. Hmm, it wasn't coming off.

I tried again. Fail.

Weird. It must have been wrapped up the back of her diaper or something. I gave up with the wipe and tried to pull it off with my finger. Nope, still stuck! What in the world?

I looked more closely. Could it be ...? No, no way! It couldn't be! Could it?

It was.

It was coming out of her.

There wasn't anything else in the diaper! It was just wet. But the hair had definitely been on a journey through her gastro-intestinal tract.

I called My Man over to look and he is my witness that I had to pull it the rest of the way out. Probably about half of it was still inside.

I am not even kidding, people.

When I think about it, it kind of makes sense that at some point she would ingest a hair. What I don't understand is how it was partially expelled without anything, um, well, solid to help it along, you know? All I can come up with is that she WAS pretty gassy that night and I guess a couple good bursts of air would be enough to propel out a hair!

So that is the hair story and aren't you glad I wrote about it so you could read it?

3 comments:

Mo said...

Well, now I've seen and read it all after this post. It's funny, when you have kids, being neat and tidy about everything kind of goes out the window. Or out of the diaper?

Primetime Babyboomers said...

You crack me up!

Kali said...

Hahaha!!