December 26, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White ... Boxing Day?

The snow comes a day late. As far as I'm concerned it could just stay away altogether. We are supposed to get a lot of it -- I've heard anywhere from 8-12 inches to 10-15 inches to 10-20 inches. But praise the Lord My Man does NOT have to get up and go to work tomorrow! I might not have to go either -- we'll see how things look in the morning.

We've had a nice weekend. We had our usual Christmas Eve service at church followed by the traditional after-church food and gift exchange for the family at 52. That went really well -- all of the kids were well-behaved and no one melted down, not even Phebis. Everyone got lots of nice things.

On Christmas morning My Man and his brothers went back to 52 early in the morning to wake up their mom. She was very surprised but loved it! When the Boogie woke up My Man came home and we opened our gifts. For months the Boogie has talked about how much she wanted a barn (UnoMoo) so that's what we got her and she said it was her favorite gift. We all were very spoiled! We went out for breakfast like we always do, and MIL and FIL came over for dinner. They brought the prime rib and all I had to make was a couple of side-dishes. While they were here we had our first Skype conversation with my parents and Vee and Furry! It made my day to get to see my family. I always miss them more during the holidays but this year has been harder than usual, so it really meant a lot to be able to see them while we talked.

This morning we went to church as usual but once the snow started really accumulating in the afternoon it was decided to cancel evening services. Now the governor has declared us to be in a state of emergency! I'm glad to be tucked warm into our little house.

Pictures of our weekend will follow in a later post! I hope each and every one of you had a lovely Christmas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sitting at work, doing nothing productive, reading you blog.