December 16, 2010

Midnight Snack, Midnight Post

It really is past midnight and I really am snacking. Just being real, people.

I think this is a record for all-time low in blogging. The middle of the month and this is only my second post. Where does all the time go? This is not a rhetorical question. I really want to know. What is this time-sucking void that I seem to have fallen into? And more importantly, will I ever get out of it?

Meanwhile the Phebis turned seven months old a few days ago. She has cut toofers #3 and #4 and is working on #5. Yesterday I turned around and she had pulled herself to a standing position on a box. She is crawling everywhere and loves to stuff her face with puffs, like this:

Then she ends up looking something like this:
She has a bit of a temper and will throw herself backward and kick and yell if she is not getting her way or if someone takes something from her. Nice kid my husband has ...

She sucks and sucks on her bottom lip (see picture.) She blows raspberries a lot. She crawls after me crying "Ma ... ma ... ma ..." if she is tired or hungry. That's the part about mobility that I don't like -- you can't just sit them down and walk away. They follow you!

The Boogie is excited about Christmas. We got a tree last week and it sat in our laundry room for a few days, then we put it in the stand in the living room where it stood naked in a corner for a few days. Then one day I found a rubber ducky in the branches and figured it was time to decorate. My Man and I strung the lights then let the Boogie put some ornaments on. "I'm so exciting!" she exclaimed, jumping up and down. "I'm so exciting about ormanems!"


The traditional Christmas penguin tree topper.

 What is with this goofy grin?

The other day in the car she was feeding me lines from A Charlie Brown Christmas.
"Honey, say 'Oh no, we're doomed!'"
"Honey, say 'This is going to be the worst Christmas play ever!'"
And so on. Think we've watched that a few times?

I would like to take this opportunity to show you the newest members of our household.
Aren't they beautiful? I may or may not have hugged and kissed them when they arrived. Someone (you know who you are) found out that we were looking for a used set and offered to pay the difference so we could get brand-new ones! 

I was talking with my Mamaw the other night and she said, "Oh, you are just like your mother and me, new appliances make us so happy!" She is very right.

I really love my washer and dryer. Praise the Lord for providing above and beyond, once again.

My cheese and crackers are gone now and another Christmas gift has been ordered. I must go to bed so I can snuggle with the human furnace known as my husband for a couple of hours before he has to get up and go to work. He never minds my cold feet, bless his heart. He sure is nice to have around in the wintertime.

I would like to take this opportunity, however, to point out the fact that it is not yet officially wintertime so these below-freezing temperatures can just go somewhere else and stay there.


I would also like to take this opportunity to point out that I like having my husband around at any time of the year.

Nine days left 'til Christmas ...

5 comments:

Abby said...

YAY for new appliances and for Christmas in your OWN house:) My little Millie has a temper too!! She hits and throws herself on the floor. She is one angry elf:)

Jersey Mama said...

Angry elf! hahaha I love it :D

Mo said...

I'm glad you like your husband . That's nice. It's a good thing.

LydiaRose~ said...

Woo hoo for midnight snacks!! And Christmas trees:)!!!!

Mo said...

.....and I'm not above hugging a washer and dryer........