December 20, 2010

Tenderhearted Boogie

Tonight Toy Story 2 was on tv and we were watching while we ate our after-church dinner. The Boogie was totally absorbed and had to be reminded several times to keep eating. I finished and picked up Phebis to carry her into the bedroom and as I walked through the living room the Boogie said, "Honey? Why is the cowboy crying? I don't know why he is sad."

Her voice sounded odd which made me stop and look at her. "I don't know why he is crying," she repeated, her little voice quavering, the corners of her mouth tugging down and her eyes filling with tears. Aww, my sweet tenderhearted girl! I've never seen her cry over something she was watching, other than when I turn the tv off when she doesn't want me to. I had to stop what I was doing to give her a big hug. She is growing up so fast, sometimes I can't stand it.

Also she has an admirer at church, one of her friends. He's five and a few weeks ago had his mom write a note to the Boogie expressing his love. Three years old and getting love letters already! Oh dear ...

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Oh to have to be reminded to keep eating ;o)