June 13, 2008

He Is Here

DR is here! 7 lbs 5 oz, much smaller than the OBGYN had guessed. SIL1 was happy with that and I don't blame her. He was born early Wednesday afternoon and they get to come home today. BIL1 took care of the LCs Wednesday night and took them to the hospital for a few hours on Thursday morning. I took over Thursday afternoon and will have them until their parents come home. They have been amazingly good. HJ has been a big help and EK has been kind to the Boogie for the most part. Pretty much the only exception was last night at church when both girls were standing by the door waiting for me, ready to leave, and EK grabbed the Boogie by the hair and yanked her down. EK is usually mild-mannered so I'm not sure what triggered that -- afterwards I did think it was kind of funny that they are so used to each other they just act like sisters! The Boogie did have a major melt-down yesterday afternoon. I think there has been too much change lately. We moved and just as she was getting used to that we starting spending a lot of time at the LCs apartment, even sleeping here. I feel badly for her. We'll go home today and get back into our own routine only to leave for Washington on Monday. Then once she adjusts to being there it will be time to come home ... Poor baby.

Sleeping at BIL1/SIL1's apartment is very interesting because the man who lives upstairs is apparently an insomniac. His tv is on constantly and he walks around ALL NIGHT LONG. The floors in his apartment are even squeakier than ours, I think. Anyway I didn't sleep very well last night. After DH went to work this morning I turned the furnace fan on for some white noise. I conked right out and dreamed about our neighbor from where we used to live. I dreamed that we were walking by and she backed her car up and hit DH on purpose, then drove away. Dreams are crazy things! I'm pretty sure she hated us for real but not enough to hit us with her car. Though she may have wanted to ...

No comments: