June 18, 2008

Obsessive Dishwashing

My mother seems to be constantly washing dishes. When I lived at home she always had a little bit of soapy water in the sink and would wash every little dish that got dirty. Now she has one of those sponges on a hollow handle that you can fill up with dishsoap, so she uses that to wash dishes all day long. When the dish drainer is about half-full she dries everything and puts it away. I do not understand this compulsion. In fact I know it's going to make me crazy after a little while so I'm trying to retain my sense of humor about it. I think she's always been like this but it wasn't till I moved out of the house that I realized HOW much like this she is! Ha ha ha ... I'd better watch myself. I continually find myself doing things like she does. The next thing you know I'll be buying one of those sponge thingies too!

I got my hair cut off today. It's shorter than I've ever had it before! I think I like it, but we'll see how the styling goes.

We're having a marvelous time. DH is having fun with my brother, Furry, and the Boogie is loving grandma and grandpa time. I got my iced mocha breve today ... yummmm. No one in Jersey knows how to make them right.

No comments: