June 10, 2008

New Cousin On the Way

Tonight SIL1 goes to the hospital to begin induction. This is baby #3 for her -- her last labor was 6 hours from start to finish so she's really hoping this one will go even faster! I am staying with the Little Cousins tonight and tomorrow. DH says he's going to sleep at home but I think I might be able to convince him to stay with us. He doesn't like sleeping without me. ;)

The Boogie is going to have so much fun with the LCs. I think I will refer to all of them by their initials which will be the easiest way for me to keep track. There are five (soon to be six) of them. HJ is 4 1/2 and the oldest of them all. EK is almost 2. They are sisters and by tomorrow should have a little brother who will be DR. The other LCs are HE who is 7 months old and belongs to DH's younger brother, BIL2; and SL (2 1/2) and HL (13 months) who belong to my brother. I hope that is sufficiently confusing. The Boogie adores HJ and EK. She follows them around laughing hysterically at everything they do.

Next week we fly to the other side of the country to visit my family. I really can't wait to see them; I can't wait for DH to finally get a real vacation; I can't wait for my family to spend time with DH and the Boogie since they hardly have at all. My youngest brother is graduating from high school and my mom is retiring from homeschooling, her job for the last 22 years. She homeschooled all four of us from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Quite an accomplishment, no? We have a few things planned for her which she knows nothing about. She hates a fuss but that's too bad. This can be for us. Besides I secretly think she likes a fuss. She can't fool me. :)

No comments: