June 18, 2008

We Made It

We arrived in Washington early this morning. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 7:30 last night. We got to the airport at 6:00 pm, checked our bags and made it through security quickly, then waited at the gate for 3 hours. They boarded us at 9:00 pm and finally took off a little after 10 ... it was a long night. Thankfully the flight was mostly empty and we were able to really spread out. By the time we actually landed, drove to my parents' house and got to bed it was 3:00 am PST, which was 6:00 am EST. We did manage to get some sleep. I think DH got more than I did. He and the Boogie slept on the plane. I, however, did not, since I was the one taking care of her and it's hard to sleep when there is a toddler sprawled on your lap or the seat next to you. She kept flopping around and I was afraid she would roll off. Then she had a hard time sleeping here so she ended up in our bed for most of what was left of the night, or early morning. Whew, just writing about it makes me tired! It's so good to be here though.

No comments: