January 5, 2009

And Then She Said ...

Last night the three of us were rough housing a bit and amid the Boogie's giggles she poked DH in the stomach and said, "I gotchu!" This morning she handed me something accompanied with a "he' go!" When I took off her slipper during a diaper change and tossed it away she asked, "where it go?" While I folded laundry this afternoon she ran into our room, stamped her little foot, and said, "Eww! It 'tink!" I honestly and truly don't know where that one came from. She is saying something new every single day! Tonight when I called my mom I asked the Boogie, "Do you want to talk to Lela?" She was so excited she was trembling. I put Mom on speakerphone and the Boogie was yelling into the phone, jabbering away excitedly, her little body quivering as she clenched and unclenched her fists. It was hysterical. Next time I'll try to get some video. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

My apartment is clean, at last. The floors have been vacuumed and swept and mopped. The kitchen has been wiped down. Most importantly, the toys have been sorted through and put away neatly. Ahhhh it feels so good.

No comments: