January 4, 2009

Blogging Slump

I am not motivated to blog lately. I think it's the post-holiday slump I go into. I'm not motivated to do anything. Oh, wait, how is that different from the rest of the year? Ha ha ha.

On New Year's Eve we went to church and afterwards everyone was invited to 52 for some food, Pilgrim's Progress, and Wii. Actually we didn't stay for all of it. The Boogie needed to go to bed so we left after the food. I heard that the movie was really good, though (just FYI.)

The next morning we slept in, of course, and then headed to Delaware with a few others of the family to see FIL's parents, Mom3 and Pop3. The LCs call them Mom Mom Mom and Pop Pop Pop but the written version is abbreviated. :) We ate lasagna and birthday cake to celebrate BIL1 and Pop3's birthdays. We sat around and told stories and reminisced, and the Jersey ladies of the family verbally remodeled our church. It was a really fun day!

I did not make any New Year's resolutions. I do, however, have some thoughts about what I want to see happen this year. There are some things I want to see happen this month, for that matter. Nothing major or overwhelming to think about. Baby steps, baby steps.

The Boogie. Oh, that child. She is amazing me every day with new words and phrases. If she needs help with something she says, "It's stuck. Help, please." (Actually it sounds more like, "Ee tuck. 'El, kee." But I'm her mom and can understand her language, though not speak it.) The other day I asked her where her slippers were and she said, "I don' know!" If I drop something she says, "Uh, oh. Oh no! Are you okay?" She says "up, please" and "out, please" and "get down." She comes into the bathroom when I'm doing my hair and make-up, points to the medicine cabinet and asks, "brush?" indicating her desire for good oral hygiene. :p She runs down the hallway and calls " 'ome on!" or " 'ome 'ere!" She pretends to be a puppy or a kitten by crawling about on all fours, panting and barking or meowing. Since we are rarely (make that almost never) around animals, my only guess is that she picked that up from the older LCs. When we put on her coat and shoes she goes to the door and says, "Let's go!" Her newest thing is to chuckle and say, "That's funny." It doesn't sound much like "that's funny." In fact it took us a while to figure out what she meant. But sure enough, that's what she's saying. She sure is a cute little thing!

No comments: