May 6, 2009

Back To Work I Go

It's been a wonderful five months or so of being a stay-at-home mom but with things slowing down at My Man's job, we needed something to supplement his income so today was my first afternoon back at the office. I got to work at the front desk for a while then do some of the billing stuff I used to do. I was kind of nervous and a little apprehensive about going back; however, everything went smoothly and I don't seem to have forgotten as much as I thought. The Boogie stayed at 52 for a couple of hours until My Man picked her up after work. I'm so thankful for family close by who are willing to pitch in and take care of our little girl for us. I'm never concerned about what she might see or hear or be permitted to do while she is with her grandparents which is a great blessing. God is good and never ceases to care for us!

Last night the D family brought over pizza and a belated birthday gift for the Boogie:


Isn't that the neatest thing? It's a little market complete with a cash register, coins, cash, produce stand, and little soft veggies! She has been playing in it all day. She held up one of the "bills" and I told her, "It's five dollars. You have five dollars!" "Five money!" she shouted. What an awesome gift. I am so tickled with it. :)

3 comments:

Wendy Glosser said...

What a great birthday gift! I'm also thankful for your family....that you can help at home and they can help Boogie, who is SO CUTE by the way :-)

Primetime Babyboomers said...

That is an awesome birthday gift. I know I never had anything like that.

I am glad to hear that your first day back to work went well. Are you just there part time?

Cove Girl said...

It's nice that you're willing to pitch in to help out. Hopefully it won't be for to long.

The present is really sweet. I want one;)