November 8, 2009

Brown November

Blogging has been greatly neglected due to illness ... mine. I was sooooo sick for several days last week and over the weekend. Thankfully My Man was on furlough when it started and I was feeling somewhat better by the time he went back to work on Monday. Amazingly he did not get sick, and though the Boogie seems to have picked up something it's apparently nothing like what I had. I was miserable. Praise the Lord I'm feeling much better now.

Daylight savings time is over and I don't like it. I don't like the days getting dark so early. The only potentially good thing about falling back is the extra hour on Sunday morning, but a certain two-year-old in this household doesn't get that concept so no one got to take advantage of it. Then there was the following week of said two-year-old waking an hour early each morning. I think she has finally adjusted. I hope.

I am baking my favorite oatmeal raisin cookies. They smell so good! I'm also drinking a cup of coffee and using my willpower to keep from eating raw cookie dough. We'll see how long I last.

Christmas is coming. Normally I avoid everything Christmasy until the day after Thanksgiving -- no Christmas music, no Christmas baking, no decorating, etc. But I can't put off the Christmas shopping. I always end up scrambling to get things together and I'm not going to do that this year! So while the Christmas music is still off-limits, I have been thinking about the holiday season quite a bit and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm planning on making some gifts and I need to get started on that right away. As in, last month. You know me: ever the procrastinator.

Time to rotate some cookie sheets!

No comments: