November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a very nice Thanksgiving Day. We had a lazy morning and headed over to 52 around 1:00. Mom3 and Pop3 from Delaware were there, and BIL/SIL2 and HE came over for a bit as well. MIL made an amazing meal and I didn't have to do a blessed thing except help eat it! (Well, I did help with the clean up -- had to be sure to get plenty of leftovers.) Since I neglected to take our camera I swiped a few pictures from SIL3's Facebook.


Cousins looking out the window


 
Hugs!


18 weeks pregnant ... and eating, of course.


We're going to eat that? YUM!

 
Everyone at the table except FIL

 
"Thank you Lord for this food and please let Daddy finish praying soon so I can start eating."

 
Dig in!

 
Even he was full. ;-)

 
Hi Auntie!

SIL3 always puts the Christmas tree up on the Friday after Thanksgiving, but she had to work early in the morning so My Man and the Boogie helped her do it Thanksgiving afternoon.
 


 
 
Whew, all that hard work makes me hungry for dessert!

H-Man spent that night with us so his parents could do some Black Friday early-morning shopping. They brought him upstairs after both he and the Boogie were asleep, and we put him in her room. Around 5:30 a.m. I heard her wake up, "Huh? Huh? H-man? What?" She was very excited and wanted to get up and play with him right away, but I managed to convince her to lay back down and be quiet and she thankfully went back to sleep. They played and played and played most of Friday -- I'm so happy that they have learned to share and play nicely with each other and the screaming/whining/crying days are past.

While I did not get up and brave the crowds early Friday morning, I did hit a couple of stores around noon on my way to work. I picked up a few things I needed and was happy to find some sales while avoiding major crowds.

I hope all of you, my family and friends, had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm so thankful for you and for a wonderful husband, a sweet little girl, a baby on the way, all the daily blessings God gives us, and most of all for the salvation Christ provided when He gave His life for us.
But God commendeth his love for us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

No comments: