December 25, 2009

A Merry Christmas To All!

Last night after our Christmas Eve service all the cousins and their parents descended on 52 for food and gift exchanging. The LCs were very excited about presents!


 
 
We all got lots of great stuff!

This morning we exchanged our gifts with each other.

The Boogie is totally in love with our camera and wants to take pictures with it all the time. I'll let her play with it every now and then but am worried that she will break it. For months I've been watching for good deals on a kids digital camera and I found one the week after Thanksgiving.


My Man got a Nintendo DS which he has been playing with all day (I've managed to get my hands on it, too.) The Boogie likes to watch, which means that she pushes her head in front of our face completely blocking the screen.

I got some boots I wanted, and a steam mop that I've been wishing for!

After gift-opening we went out for breakfast/brunch at a local diner. The service was so fast -- I don't think we waited more than ten minutes for our food. The afternoon was spent playing with new toys, leisurely tidying up and doing final food prep (we did most of the cooking yesterday.) MIL/FIL and SIL3 came over for dinner and a quiet evening of talking and watching Food Network. :) It was so nice and relaxing, despite the coffee accident which resulted in everything on one side of the kitchen being pulled out and cleaned behind/under. Oh well, it needed to be done anyway! That's one less thing for me to think about later.

The Boogie was too excited to eat dinner, so of course she was hungry later. Did she want turkey with all the trimmings? Of course not. She wanted cereal. A late night last night + a normal rising time this morning + no nap + the excitement of opening gifts and playing with new toys = this:


And that is exactly how I feel, too, so despite a kitchen full of dishes that need to be washed, I am going to bed.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

1 comment:

Primetime Babyboomers said...

LOL, btw what was in that cereal?