March 14, 2010

First Haircut

It sounds like something you would take your little baby to have, right? A young toddler or something. But the Boogie is almost 3 and I finally took her to get her hair cut yesterday. And would you believe that these are the only two pictures I took?
I didn't even remember to take a "before" picture of the back. All that was taken off was the very bottom, and it was shaped around a little bit. It doesn't really look that different. The Boogie did great. I hyped it up beforehand so she was excited. She loved wearing the animal cape. My hairdresser was nice enough to save the little clippings for me ...
... and now I don't know what to do with them. Tape them into the Boogie's baby book? It's the kind of thing that I feel like I should keep but just don't know what to do with ...

Yesterday the Boogie gave me a hug and told me "Oh, my Honey, you're my best friend." Those are words that warm this mama's heart. :)

Tonight in the car on the way home from church she whined, "My tummy hurts. I'm hungry."
"Okay," I said, "we'll go home and then have some dinner. What would you like?"
She thought for a minute. "Um, chicken!"
"I'm sorry, sweetie, we don't have any chicken," I said. "Is there something else you would like?"
She thought for another minute. "Daddy make eggs?"
"Yes! We do have eggs. I can make you some eggs."
"No, Daddy make eggs," she insisted.
I guess my eggs aren't good enough.

We had a really terrible windy rainy storm yesterday which flooded the church basement and took out the electricity. As of today there was still no electricity which meant that shop vacs couldn't be used to get the water out. We had our services anyway -- it was chilly but do-able. Good thing daylight savings time started today so we were able to finish up the evening service before it got too dark. I was in the nursery and there is a baby doll in there who cries when she is squeezed. Her cheeks also light up which isn't very noticeable in the daylight, but when it is dark her glowing red cheeks are positively creepy. I had to confiscate her and put her in the other room because she was creeping me out!

Despite the storm we managed to run some errands after the haircut. We got new cell phones and I finally have a QWERTY keypad for texting! It is nice but definitely takes some getting used to. It takes me three times as long as it used to to write a message. I think I'm getting the hang of it, though. I gave the Boogie my camera to keep her occupied in the car while we were stuck in terrible traffic. Here are some of the results:

And the feet pictures always crack me up:

Tonight she carefully sorted her letters by color:
Smart little girl!

No comments: