March 24, 2011

Cold or Allergies?

The Boogie, Phebis, and I are just a little sniffly, just a tiny bit sneezy, and just a tad congested with a hint of a cough here and there. I told the Boogie, "I think you are getting a cold."
"Well, no, I'm not getting one," she said, shaking her head. "I think it's just allergies coming on." (How does my kid know about allergies?)
"Hmm, I don't know," I said, "I think it is probably a little cold."
"Well, Honey, it's not a cold. I'm not sneezing or coughing or hiccuping so I don't have a cold. It's just allergies coming on."

Of course! Hiccups! I forgot about that cold symptom. Good thing I have an almost-4-year-old to set me straight.

The other day I walked into the playroom to find this:
She is standing on that toy. A climber already! Ack.

Later that same day she made her way into the kitchen (normally she can't get in), crawled right to the cabinets, pulled herself up and ...
A curious little monkey.

She sure is fun, though! I love this age.

No comments: