July 20, 2011

WA to NJ: Going Home

After a wonderful vacation it was time to go home. I had my doubts as to whether or not we could get everything packed, but we did! (Except for the box of videos that had to be shipped. I am reeeeally looking forward to getting those and watching some classic musicals with my girls, and introducing some more classic comedies to my fella.) When I'm packing to go somewhere I always forget to leave room for bringing extra things back. It worked out though, and our heaviest suitcase even was a few pounds shy of the limit.

Pops and Furry took us to the airport. Mount Rainier was out! So pretty.

We were sad to leave ... but at the same time looked forward to being home again.

And of course the Boogie was excited to fly on a plane again.

Our journey home was uneventful with the exception of an exploded marker in the Boogie's backpack, and three orders of fries spilled all over the floor in the St. Louis airport. It felt very quick compared to our adventure on the way out.

We arrived in Philly around midnight and all of our luggage made it, too! Praise the Lord. FIL was there to pick us up. It is taking a while for us to adjust back to East Coast time -- I've always found that it's harder to adjust to coming east than going west.

The friends who were supposed to stay in our house while we were away still haven't arrived! They are still trying to get on a military flight. Hopefully they'll be able to get here next week. So, everything in our house was just how we had left it, including clean sheets and towels. Now that's the way to get home from a trip ...

I am so thankful that we were able to go. It was wonderful to be able to spend so much time with my family. There were a few friends we didn't get to see which was disappointing, but there's always next time! Hopefully it won't be another three years before we get to go back. And hopefully some of you Washington people can come see us in the meantime.

1 comment:

Kali said...

Looks like you had a great trip! I really enjoyed reading about it. :)