June 25, 2009

A New Neighbor

Our newest neighbor arrived on Monday via c-section. Congratulations to the R family downstairs! This little guy is very very cute with a nice round head and a straight little nose, lots of dark hair, and some super chubby cheeks. He hasn't actually moved in -- he's supposed to today -- but we got to go see him Tuesday night. We took H-man with us who seems pretty tickled with his baby brother for the time being. We'll see how his attitude changes when that little person takes up residence! I don't have any pictures of him to share yet. I'm sure it won't be long before I do, though.

Speaking of new neighbors, we also have new neighbors downstairs. As far as we could tell they actually took possession of the apartment in the middle of May and sort of gradually moved in. We've seen several people: 3 or 4 young women ranging in age from late teens to mid-twenties, a baby, and an older couple. It seems that only some of the younger women and the baby actually live there, but they are there maybe half the time, if even that. They obviously have somewhere else to stay. They've been very quiet so far, when they've actually been home. The unit next to us is still empty and I'm sure the R family appreciates not having anyone live above them. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- the floors in this building are creeeeaky!

Today is Thursday. Thursday is errand-running day. The Boogie and I will pick up some lunch to eat with My Man today -- it's been a while since we've done that. Thursday is also my day to help Mrs. S get her husband Mr. S into his wheelchair. I always ask the Boogie, "Do you want to go see Mr. S?" and she gets excited and says, "Oh! Yes, please!" She's still a little bit shy of him but I've noticed lately that she warms up more quickly each time we go. After we do that we will do some grocery shopping. Church tonight! That reminds me, I need to get started on next month's nursery schedule ...

The other night the Boogie looked at me and said, "Rachel. Hi Rachel!" Ha! I could see the wheels turning in her little head as she put two and two together. Sadly enough, she doesn't call me Honey much anymore. I will admit that I am bummed about that. I secretly hoped she would just call me that forever. Now she is back to calling me Mommy which I still don't like so I'm back to correcting her every time she says it. She catches and corrects herself now, like this, "Mommy? Mama?" I realize it's probably silly to even care about it, but I do, and I figure if she can go from Mama to Mommy to Honey to Mommy she can go from Mommy to Mama and eventually it will be a habit. :)

Time to do the checkbook! Gotta see how much money I can spend on groceries, don'tcha know.

No comments: