January 15, 2010

4.5 Day Weekend

The doctor is away for a seminar so I get today and Monday off (I am always off on Thursday.) I am working for a few hours tomorrow morning but that's all until Tuesday! Today we are going to take lunch to My Man and run some errands.

Yesterday I transferred the Boogie's clothes from her old dresser which is huge and ugly to a different one that we are borrowing from 52. I wasn't sure if everything would fit in the "new" dresser; then I figured, if it doesn't all fit, she has too many clothes! But it fit and since this dresser is tall rather than low and wide there is now more wall-space in her room and it looks much nicer.

The Boogie has a tiny tea set that my BFF sent her for her birthday (I think) and we played tea party yesterday for a long time. She had so much fun that I think I want to find a slightly larger set that we can really use. When I was a little girl I spent a lot of time with my Mamaw (my mom's mom) who had a set of tea dishes from when she was a little girl, and we often had tea parties together. It is one of my favorite memories from growing up.

It got above forty degrees yesterday as well so we bundled up and went for a walk. It was still plenty chilly but the sun was shining and it was so nice to get out for some fresh air. It's supposed to be in the upper-forties today so we'll probably go again!

Well, I must say adieu. I have dishes to wash; beds to make; people to dress; a bathroom to clean; floors to sweep and vacuum; a grocery list to make; a face to put on; hair to fix; shopping to do. Happy Friday to you!

No comments: