January 3, 2010

A New Month, A New Year, A New Decade

Welcome, 2010. What will you hold for us, I wonder? Lord willing there will be a precious addition to our family this spring. We'd love to make a trip to Washington to see my family. We plan on wearing out that zoo pass my parents gave us for Christmas! Who knows what else might happen? We have a wonderful God Who could surprise us at any moment with the plans He has for us.

We rang in the new year with our good friend Reenie. She just lives in Philly but because of all of our differing work schedules we don't get to see her nearly as much as we'd like. She came over for our church service Thursday night. Afterward we headed to 52 for some food and fellowship (there was also a Christian film which we did not stay for since the Boogie needed to go to bed.) Reenie stayed the night and on New Year's Day she went home and we drove to Delaware to visit with FIL's parents. All of My Man's family was there too and we had fun exchanging gifts and eating lasagna.

This past week I rearranged the Boogie's room and did a toy purge. Some were packed away for the baby and some will be returned to the LCs. I managed to fit all the toys into the Boogie's room so the living room doesn't look like a playroom anymore! Eventually I'd like to get some kind of storage system in the living room so that some toys can stay out there. Today I'll pack up the Christmas decorations. I love Christmas time and I love having a tree, but I think I'm ready to have things back to normal.

1 comment:

Primetime Babyboomers said...

We took our tree down today too. Always looks a little more dreary around the house, but I will get use to it quickly.

Happy New Year's to you and your family!