January 22, 2010

Encroaching Toys

The toys that I banished from the living room are slowly creeping back in -- a basket of play food here, a puzzle in a box there. That's how they do it, you see. They sneak in when you aren't looking and the next thing you know your living room is full of toys again!

Every morning for the last several days I've discovered Curious George in a curious location, like underneath a dining room chair or lying next to the front door. Normally he lives on the Boogie's bed and she takes little to no interest in him. Yesterday she told me that he had to go to the hospital and she coaxed me back to her room to see this:

I'm sure if she could have figured out a way to do it, she would have bandaged up his leg.

The Boogie is completely back to normal. She is her cheerful chatty self again and her appetite has returned full-force. My Man and I have stayed well, praise the Lord, though we're still being careful to wash and sanitize our hands on a regular basis!

I'm so happy that tomorrow is Saturday. I have a plan to be able to stay in bed as long as possible -- tonight I will put a box of cereal and a clean cup next to my bed. When the Boogie wakes up in the morning I'll give her some dry cereal to munch on and turn on PBS in our room to keep her entertained. That way I won't even have to get out of bed! What a great plan.

Last week My Man and the Boogie went bowling with some folks from church. Apparently the Boogie and HE were kept entertained for a long time by this machine.



I love her laugh! It cracks me up every time I watch it.