February 13, 2012

Thankfulness Month: Day 13

Today I'm thankful for:
-getting through 23 days of shredding with Jillian. Only seven more to go. Hallelujah.
-my microwave. I can cook a bowl of oatmeal -- real oatmeal, not instant -- in about three minutes.
-my dishwasher! I am so thankful that I don't have to hand wash all of our dishes anymore.
-a thoughtful hubby who warms my side of the bed every night while I'm brushing my teeth
-Warm Woolen Mittens scented Yankee Candle

On a totally unrelated note, Peabody is getting into everything these days. EVERYTHING. She opens drawers and pulls things out. She clears shelves. She empties bins. She gets into cabinets. She climbs onto the table. As soon as we take one thing from her she is into something else. I don't remember the Boogie ever being like this -- she's always been fairly content to pull out a few things and happily play with them for a long time. Pheeboo is like a tornado. It's a good thing she's cute. Thankfully she is still fairly easily distracted and if we can tempt her with something new-ish she will settle down to play with that for a bit. And she still loves to play with baby dolls. Right now she is pushing one around in a stroller and telling it to "Wake up, beebee, wake up! Beebee, wake up!"

She's been doing this funny thing every night after we pray. Usually Eric prays and then the Pheebs makes the rounds and kisses all of us, gets a clean burpie for her sister and tries to tuck her in which is really cute. But the past week or so after she kisses everyone, she then makes a fist with one hand and holds it up to each of our mouths so we will kiss it. She never hits or anything, and after we've all kissed her hand she kisses it herself. We haven't been able to figure out where she picked it up from but it makes me laugh every time! What a weird kid.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: