February 22, 2012

Thankfulness Month: Day 22

Today I'm thankful for:
-making it through the day without any great disasters. It wasn't the most productive day I've ever had.
-no more shredding with Jillian!!! I did it! It took me five weeks but I completed the 30 Day Shred. Now I'm going to pack that DVD away so I don't have to look at it for a long, long time.
-remembering to post every day this month.
-all of you who have told me that you are enjoying my posts this month! It was truly intended as an exercise for myself but I'm glad if it's been a blessing to others.
-and lastly -- this is a tough one to admit to, but "in every thing give thanks" right? -- most of my family and a few close friends know that I am kinda sorta anti-Walmart. Not enough to actually boycott the place, but enough to avoid shopping there whenever possible. However I must say that I am thankful for the Walmart that is ten minutes from our house. It is awfully convenient for a quick trip when one is loathe to go grocery shopping yet the household is completely out of eggs, milk, bread, and bananas. If only it were Target instead of Walmart! Actually if Target were only ten minutes from my house I would probably be in biiiiiig trouble. I do love that red bull's-eye.

Yesterday morning while I was shredding the Boogie laid on the couch looking through a book. As I neared the end of my work-out she said, while completely reclined on the couch, "Are you exhausted, Honey?"
"Yes," I panted, sweating profusely.
"Me too," she said, "I'm really exhausted." Late in the afternoon I had her do some pages in her preschool workbook. She balked at my instructions for her to color the last page. "I can't do this, Honey. I'm just really exhausted."

At lunchtime today Peabody went to her seat and said, "Honey, hung'y! I wa' eat!"

It was GORGEOUS today. The girls got to play outside at 52. MIL sent me this picture.
Look, her hair is blowing in the breeze!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: