February 27, 2012

Thankfulness Month: Day 27

Today I'm thankful for:

-disposable diapers. I often entertain the notion of cloth diapers. I like the idea, and almost every mom I know who does or has done cloth diapering really likes it. And seriously, how cute are these???
www.thirstiesbaby.com

Maybe I'll try it with the next baby. For now it is awfully convenient to use disposable, and I must once again proclaim my love for Target: one big box of Target-brand diapers runs about twenty bucks, and Peabody's hiney is covered for about a month. I do get a slight twinge of guilt when I think of our contribution to landfills ... that will probably be the driving force behind me ever using cloth since I am all about things that make my life easy!
-a waffle maker received when we got married but not taken out of the box until today. I was sure we had used it before but it was still all wrapped up in plastic so we must have had another one that bit the dust a while ago. The pathetic part is that I always have frozen waffles on hand. It's the easiest thing for Eric to have for breakfast at 4:15 in the morning. I'm sure it would be healthier and probably cheaper if I would make and freeze my own. I should do that one of these days ...
-a dry-erase board -- the perfect tool for my list-making obsession
-Skype. We don't use it all that often but it's nice for the occasional chat with Warshington grandparents, and some friends too!

The Boogie got to Skype with Ace and Tootie Specktacular today. For some reason our computers hate each other via Skype so we have to mute the mics and use a phone for audio, but it works.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: