August 19, 2008

20+ years ago today ...

... I was born! I think it was 24 years ago. Yeah, that sounds right. That's a good number. So that means I was born in, ummmm, 1984. Yes. 1984. That makes me twins with my brother, except his birthday is in July. But we won't quibble over details. We can be twins. Next year he will become my older brother. And we won't quibble over that, either. He's probably always wanted to be the oldest anyway.

VBS is going just great. There were probably about 20 kids there last night. HR did a fabulous job decorating our craft area! She spent practically the whole day there yesterday! Here are some pics of what we (mostly she) did:



She made this amazing guy out of cardboard.I made the sign and that's about it. She made the dinos.

She made this guy too! I love how he is munching on some foliage. :)

Our crafts went well last night and hopefully will continue to for the rest of the week. I'm starting to think that the one for tomorrow night is going to be too easy for some of the older kids. I'm trying to come up with a way for it to be just a teensy bit more time-consuming.

I forgot to write about DH's company picnic on Saturday. It was at a really nice park with lots of stuff to do, like horse-shoes, swimming in pools or a lake, paddle-boats, a bouncy house, a blow-up trampoline on the lake, volleyball, miniature golf. We ate and walked around and let the Boogie go wading. She loved it! If we hadn't held on to her I'm sure she would have walked right out into the deep water.


And since I haven't posted many pics or videos lately, here are some "just because" ones:


No comments: