August 30, 2008

I Did It

I gave my notice today. My manager, MA, was very nice about it and made it easier than I thought it would be! We agreed that I will stay on until the end of November since they won't be replacing me and it will be best for MA if I continue doing the Medicare stuff until then. While I feel very ready to be a true SAHM (stay at home mom), it still made me a little bit sad to officially give my notice.

Then on my way home some dumb Jersey driver absolutely infuriated me by doing something really stupid. I was at a stop light. The light was red. I had my turn signal on indicating (which is the purpose of turn signals) that I would be turning left, across traffic. Opposite me was a line of vehicles, the first of which was also turning left across traffic. I couldn't clearly see the cars behind that first one so when the light turned green I waited to turn just in case one of them would be coming straight across (something that often happens at that particular intersection.) There were only 3 cars so it was only a wait of a few seconds, something I would much rather do than risk getting hit. So when I hesitated to go, the van behind me went around me, on my LEFT, driving in the WRONG LANE, and turned left across oncoming traffic, in front of me! I. WAS. LIVID. I would say that I'm sorry for getting mad about this, but honestly!!! Who gives these people licenses? I know that road rage is not Christ-like, but it makes me so angry when people do such idiotic things. All I can think is that their stupidity could cause me to get in an accident, affecting not only me but my entire family. Praise the Lord for His protection, and for His restraint which was the only thing keeping me from rolling down my window and yelling angrily when I passed that van!

No comments: