August 16, 2008

Two Years Ago Today ...

... we found out about the Boogie. It was my birthday and we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Over our food DH asked me, "So, when are you planning to test?" since I already knew that there was something going on. I was in denial and didn't want to test at all, but DH convinced me to, so after breakfast we went to Target and bought one pregnancy test. On our way home I thought, how stupid to buy one test! What if it's defective? I took it as soon as we got home (I didn't know I was supposed to wait until first thing in the morning) and could immediately see the little plus sign begin to appear. I was still in denial so I set the test on the counter and went into the living room where DH and I sat on the couch for two minutes and I felt every range of emotions from excitement to nervousness to dread. When the time was up I sent him back into the bathroom and two seconds later he came back out with the biggest grin on his face. I can't remember what he said but I sent him back to get it so I could see it for myself, and we hugged and laughed and cried. Then we went to his company picnic and it was so fun to have such an exciting secret! I was excited for that day but I cried for real that night because I was so scared about having a baby and disappointed that our family of two was going to expand so soon. It took me several weeks to start being excited for good. Of course by the time our Boogie was born I couldn't wait to meet her and now I simply couldn't imagine our family without her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At first I thought that you were announcing that you were going to have another baby:) Silly me. It's nice having those memories to reflect on. I remember testing and telling Scott. Finding creative ways to tell other people was always fun too. I think with the next one we'll try to keep it a secret for as long as possible and probably keep the names secret too. There's more anticipation that way:)