August 9, 2008

Back To The Old Routine

It's been a good week and I'm glad it is over. I worked a little over 20 hours. Honestly I don't know how moms who work outside the home do it, especially the ones who work full-time! They definitely have my admiration. Even though I do have a job other than my wife/mom one, I really feel as if it's hardly worth mentioning since I normally put so few hours in.

Today I did not work. I lounged around for most of the day. The Boogie and I played and colored and went for a walk. I talked to my mom and got all updated on the latest happenings in Washington. DH worked in the morning then mowed the church grass. We went to T.G.I. Friday's for dinner where we tried out their smaller portion menu (at smaller prices, natch) which we agreed was just the right amount of food to fill us without stuffing us. The Boogie ate with a fork for the first time and did so well that after dinner we headed to Target for some toddler flatware. At Target I found these. They fit so perfectly and were so comfy that DH insisted I buy them. Of course I am a submissive wife and did exactly what he told me. They feel so good, especially since they were on clearance. I'm wearing them right now. With my jammies. No kidding.

Have I mentioned lately how cute toddler feet are? They are so fat and wide and squishy. I read in a book once that toddler feet are like pork chops with fringe, or something to that effect. I think that is an apt description. Toddler bodies are also very cute. It's most noticeable when the toddler is clad only in a diaper and running around all over the place. It's like a diaper commercial in my house! I love my Lil Tiny Person's personage. I like the way her belly sticks out, and the way she swings one arm back when she walks, and her fat little feet. I love how every rhythm gets her dancing and how she constantly sings and hums and jabbers away in her own language. I love how she has to hold my hand and her daddy's when we are all walking together. I am constantly amazed by the things she mimics, and love how she is fascinated by things. I love when she comes up to me and says, "Mama?" I love when her tiny arms hug my neck tightly, and when I get an unsolicited kiss ... that is the sweetest thing of all.

1 comment:

Coconuts Migrate said...

Cute Flip flops! I love your description of boogie, she sounds so fun.