August 26, 2008

Blogging Is Not A Chore

You know how when you need to do something and keep putting it off? And the longer you put it off the more you dread doing it? So you keep putting it off and it just seems to get bigger ... well that's how I feel right now about writing this post. I've been meaning to but it kept getting put off and more things kept happening and I kept thinking, "I should blog about that!" But now I have so many things in my head that this will be a boring recap of the last few days.


Our birthday party was really fun. Reenie brought over some princess party decorations which were so cute.
This says "Princess Party" and has Disney princesses on it

There was a pink tablecloth but I forgot to take pictures till everything got cleaned up.

Party favors! A big hit with the little girls.


We had a great time and Reenie gave me some really fabulous clothes! I was so surprised -- I never expected such a nice gift. Here I am in them. I know Mom is green with envy over my super-cute jacket.

Not only did she give me the cute top and adorable retro jacket, she also found earrings and a necklace to tie in with the pattern on the top! She has an amazing sense of style. AND she gave me a new cami. I wear camis under everything and all of mine are maternity ones from when I was preggo with the Boogie. They have been washed and dried so much they've shrunk, and worn so much that they are stretched out and dingy no matter how much I bleach them so I really appreciate a new one! The D family gave me some yummy body wash, body butter, and body spray from Victoria's Secret. It's delicious. I am tempted to shower several times a day just so I can use it. And DH gave me some body spray from VS too, only a different scent! I made out like a bandit. :)

On Sunday FIL's parents came over from Delaware to surprise everyone. We had leftover chili from the night before so we invited them over to help us eat it. They hadn't seen our new apartment yet, and BIL/SIL1 brought the LCs and their lunch upstairs and ate with us.

Today was laundry day. I had several loads. With VBS last week a lot of things got pushed back ... The Boogie played and played with her Pop Pop and the LCs and wore herself all out. Here she is playing with FIL on the kitchen floor.

I completely forgot to write about DH's promotion and raise! He had his one-year anniversary at work and got a great review. He was promoted to the next level mechanic and got a $1.23 raise, which is awesome. We are so thankful to the Lord for providing this job and the paycheck that goes with it. Now we are praying that DH won't be "volunteered" to work the night shift which is 10:00 pm to 8:00 am, four weeks on that shift then four weeks on the day shift. It would be another dollar raise but it's not worth it in our opinion. So please pray with us that he doesn't have to do it. We like being able to spend time with Daddy and don't want him to become sleep-deprived from having to catch his zzz's during the day.

No comments: