September 12, 2008

Infatuation

The Boogie adores her uncle (BIL1). In fact, I'm pretty sure she loves him more than me or her daddy. This has recently been proven to us several times over. If she sees Uncle he must pick her up and hold her. She will snuggle on his lap but not anyone else's. If someone else is holding her and she sees Uncle she reaches for him. If she is carried past him she cries and cries. If he sets her down or hands her to someone else (including me and her daddy) she pitches a fit. If he comes down to the church nursery to pick up EK he must pick up the Boogie too or she is inconsolable. A couple of nights ago we went down to BIL/SIL1's apartment for dinner. The Boogie had been whiney all day and continued to whine while I tried to feed her dinner, twisting and turning in her seat and refusing to eat. As soon as Uncle came over and talked to her she settled right down and allowed me to feed her. If she started up again all he had to do was say her name and she calmed down and opened her mouth for a bite! Last night he came up to borrow some Italian dressing. He didn't hold the Boogie and when he left she positively wept. I am talking huge tears of sadness. It was all I could do to comfort her. Apparently I am chopped liver. At least I know that I am her second choice if Uncle is not around!

1 comment:

Wendy Glosser said...

I have known Boggie's uncle since he was a KID and this AMAZES ME!! I laughed! Does BIL1 know his power over his little niece??? U should rename your blog..."just call me chopped liver" LOL
If BIL1 doesn't know...I wouldn't tell him!! BIG head! LOL j/k!