September 10, 2008

Owls

Owls creep me out. They always have. When I was a little girl the teacher in junior church showed a photograph of an owl to us during the lesson. I'm certain it wasn't intended to frighten the children, but for some reason it frightened me! For a long time I was scared to death to look out of dark windows because I was sure that there would be an owl out there peering back at me. Maybe it's the thought of something prowling around in the dark, I don't know, but I still don't like them. Last night when I checked on Dena her windows were open and I heard an owl outside. It hooted and sent shivers down my spine! I quickly closed her windows and jumped in my own bed and pulled the covers over my head ... Just kidding. :) But it was kind of creepy.

HR and H-man came over today. The Boogie and H-man played quite nicely for the most part. He didn't hit her, and she only tried to bite him twice (that I saw.) I think we are making some progress!

I have so many little projects to do. I am so terribly unmotivated. It makes me crazy to see papers piling up on our dining room table, but I don't want to take the time to sort through them and file them. It makes me crazy to have stuff just laying around when it all has a place it belongs in! When I start to put it away, though, I get distracted by other things in other rooms that also need to be put away and then I feel like I am going around in circles.

Oh well. I guess a good start would be to get off the computer, eh? If only I had some coffee ...

No comments: