September 4, 2008

Time To Play

The LCs are very generous with their toys. When they are tired of one of their toys (or when their mom is sick of looking at it), it gets to come stay in our apartment where the Boogie plays with it to her heart's content. That way she regularly gets "new" toys and when she is bored with them, back they go! It is a great system (although to be perfectly honest I think we have yet to return any.) Yesterday we got this one:

If my pictures seem to be better quality, it's because they are. Not only do we get to borrow toys from the LCs, SIL1 let us borrow her older digital camera until we are able to replace ours. Yay! Real pictures!


Then I showed the Boogie this fun game (the digital camera is very nice but does not take video so I'm still taking those with my phone.)

I think she did this 25 or 30 times in a row. Or maybe more, like 40 times. Or possibly even 50. I'm not sure because I didn't sit there and watch her the whole time. But it was a lot! Finally she would collapse at the bottom of the slide after a couple of trips because she was so tired. Then she would get up and go around again. It kept her completely entertained while I made dinner. I need to think up a new game for tonight.


The other day when we were driving to church we saw this at a rural intersection:

It is a lawn chair. I don't know why it's by the stop sign. I like to imagine that some good country citizen was sitting there with a blow-dryer, pointing it at speeding drivers who would think it was a radar gun. It makes me laugh to imagine that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a slide like that and it provides hours of endless fun. When you have two they like to lay at the bottom so that the other one lands on top of them. Sending toys down too is fun,until one decides to send the other's favorite toy:)

joy said...

LOL...the 5th picture down...she looks SO grown up! the pics tell a great story...i can picture her going up, down and around over and over. such fun!