I love doing surveys about myself. I'm not sure why but it probably has something to do with vanity! Despite my "Nothing Christmasy before Thanksgiving" rule, I completed this one before Thanksgiving. I restrained myself from posting it here, though. You're welcome. Have fun reading and consider yourself tagged!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I've always loved wrapping gifts.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real! Smells SO good ...
3. When do you put up the tree? A week or so before Christmas.
4. When do you take the tree down? Within a few days after the New Year.
5. Do you like eggnog? YUM.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? When I was about 8 (I think) my great-grandma made me a cloth doll. I named her Laura and slept with her and took her with me everywhere for YEARS. After a while my grandma had to put new arms and legs on her because the fabric had worn away. Eventually I had to put her away because her face started to get threadbare.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My mom. She has everything she needs and if she wants anything she gets it for herself.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Dena, of course. Kids are so easy to buy for.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year almost all I got was lotion. From everyone. No kidding. I must have looked chapped or something.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I can't pick just one, but I love love love classic movies, like the old black-and-white ones from the thirties and forties. There are lots of cheesy Christmas ones. For kids "The Snowman" is really cute.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually after Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? IDK. Probably!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies
16. Lights on the tree? Yep. And all over the room, over anything that I can drape them on.
17. Favorite Christmas song? "Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A penguin!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve at inlaws with all of DH's siblings and their families, then Christmas morning for just us.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Radio stations that start playing Christmas music right after Halloween.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I really love blue and silver. And snowmen.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Honeybaked ham
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A house. With a yard and a porch swing and a dog.