August 6, 2009

VBS -- Positively Polar

This week is Vacation Bible School at church. The theme is "Positively Polar" and everyone did a fanatastic job, as always, decorating everywhere! My Man is acting silly in the skits every night and helping me with snacks. In fact, I didn't even have to go after work last night because he had it handled. What an awesome guy.

I went around the other night and took a bunch of pictures. There were a couple of classrooms I couldn't go into because they were in use, so I'll have to get those tonight or tomorrow.


The woolly mammoth that SIL3 made

Boys and girls compete in bringing in pennies and the number of pounds they bring in is marked on these whale charts (what, you thought we would COUNT the pennies? ha!)


Nursery area



An igloo made of milk cartons ...

... hot-glued together! It must have taken forever. But it looks pretty cool!
















Craft area

More pics to come!

2 comments:

I Was Born In 1984! said...

They did a really good job! I don't know if I've seen a VBS this cool...no pun intended. :o)

Primetime Babyboomers said...

Great picture! I love the whales tale. Pretty cool.