March 29, 2012

What Day Is It?

Not going to work yesterday really threw me for a loop. I kept thinking it was Tuesday or Thursday. Eric said he was thinking the same thing on the way home from work! Then a few minutes later we were talking about a day coming up later in the week and I got that one confused, too. It's going to take me a while to get used to this staying home business.

FIL picked up the Boogie in the morning and took her to school where he was preaching chapel. She had a great time, and Peabody and I spent some one-on-one time doing puzzles and shape-sorting, which she does very well. The girls play together so much that I forget that I should make sure to play with them, too!

Peabody napped for a long time in afternoon and when she woke she was burning with fever and threw up shortly after. Great. I spent the next half hour comforting her while watching the clock hands creep toward 5:00 when I could check to see if I had to report for jury duty today. Thank the Lord, I was excused -- my mind was racing trying to figure out what I would do if I had to report! I snuggled with her for the rest of the evening. She watched episode after episode of Barney -- it was one of those times to be especially thankful for my Nook and library ebooks. She stayed up much later than usual but by bedtime was acting normally, slept through the night, and seems totally fine today. If it weren't for the fever I would have thought she ate something that disagreed with her. Tummy bugs are no fun but if they're going to come to my house, the short-lived kind are the ones I want. I think this is the first time she's caught one, and it seems to me that we get hit with some kind of stomach virus every year right around Easter. What's the deal with that?

I was so relieved that I didn't have to report for jury duty. What if my friend had come to watch the girls yesterday? We would have exposed her kids to the tummy bug. What if I'd had to report today and Peabody was sick? For sure I will request an exemption if I'm ever summoned again while we have little ones.

Today is sneaking away from me. Time to see if I can salvage the rest of the afternoon ...

No comments: