July 9, 2009

Thursday ... At Home!

It's rare anymore for me to stay home all day on a weekday. I work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons, Tuesday is laundry day at 52, and Thursday is errand-running and helping Mrs. S get Mr. S into his wheelchair. But because of the wedding this weekend there is family in town staying with them so they don't my help today ... so I juggled the errands a little bit and get to stay home today! I'm such a homebody. I just love to be in my own space with my sweet girlie and putter around and go for little walks around the block. I think today I'll make some homemade granola. I've been wanting it for a while but it takes a few hours to bake slowly so I've just been putting off the making of it. There is a whole new jar of molasses in my pantry waiting to be made into fresh, soft, chewy Cape Cod Oatmeal Raisin cookies (mine are a little different from the ones in the link because I omit a couple of things.) Spaghetti is on the menu for dinner. Spaghetti and peas and garlic bread, garlic bread made from fresh, soft italian bread (can you tell I'm all about freshness and softness today?) Oh man. This is going to be a good day.

1 comment:

Kali said...

We're having spaghetti for dinner tonight. :)