October 15, 2008

Another Lazy Day

Yesterday morning the Boogie and I went to BIL/SIL2's house to hang out with HE while her mom went to work. The girls were both very very good and played oh, so nicely together. HE is such a sweetie and awfully cute. Her birthday is Sunday! I can't believe she's going to be one year old already. That was pretty much all I did yesterday. Today is not looking too promising either so I'd better get myself moving. I've even already had my coffee! Maybe I should go for a walk first, before attempting anything else. Hmm, that sounds good.

You know, it used to be that when I would find myself doing something just like one of my parents would, I would make a conscious effort to steer myself in a different direction (don't most kids?) Lately I'm noticing more and more ways that I'm like both Mom and Pops. I don't care anymore. It makes me laugh. My parents are great people and I'm happy to be like them. But honestly one way that I wish I was more like them is in the self-motivation area. My mom is always busy doing something. She likes it that way. It makes her happy. Pops is not always busy doing something. He likes more down time. But they are the same in that if they see something that needs to be done, they just do it. That has been my example from them for my WHOLE LIFE. But do you think that I'm like that? Nope. I am a procrastinator. I am lazy. I need an attitude adjustment! So that's it. I'm getting off this computer right now and getting busy with all the things I need to do. After I write just one more thing ...

... I'm getting bored with the look of my blog and am in the process of finding something new and fun! So stay tuned. But don't get your hopes up too high because, after all, I am a procrastinator.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll get there...I'm prayin' for ya! :)