October 19, 2008

Go Sox!

I was sad that the Dodgers lost to the Phillies. I may have been transplanted to the Philadelphia metro area, but family traditions die hard and I couldn't root against the Dodger blue. Now I want Boston to beat Tampa Bay!

Our weekend was plenty busy: ladies' meeting here on Friday night, DH and I worked Saturday morning (the Boogie went with her aunt and uncle, Mom mom and Pop pop, and cousins to Chick Fil A where she played in the playland for the first time ever and had a blast), a birthday party for HE yesterday afternoon, shopping last night, and church today with a birthday party for SIL3 before the evening service. The party yesterday for little HE was so nice. The weather was beautiful and lots of family came. All the LCs did great and seemed to have a lot of fun. I totally forgot my camera so didn't get a single picture! Oh, well.

It suddenly turned chilly over the last couple of days. We've even turned the heat in the morning. It's really fall now.

Top of the second, BoSox 1, Rays 0.

1 comment:

Cove Girl said...

So who are you rooting for now that Tampa Bay beat the the Sox? Such a quandry.

About the book, I had to make sure I gave the disclosure that it was a hard book to read in spots because I didn't want to offend any of my friends who may decide to read it themselves. Meleah gave me the same advice before she lent me the book. But you're right that we should be thankful for the freedoms and liberty that we do have. I felt the same way after reading the book as well. T/C