October 20, 2008

My Baby ...

... is not a baby anymore. Last night I tagged along while her Daddy brushed her teeth (their nighttime ritual together.) She opened up the medicine cabinet herself, took out her toothbrush, got the toothpaste, and rinsed off her brush in the running water. After DH brushed those little pearly whites she put her toothbrush back in the cup, set the toothpaste on the shelf, closed the medicine cabinet, and turned off the light. (Disclaimer: she can only do these things while being held up as everything is way above her head. I don't want anyone to think that I allow my 18-month-old free access to the bathroom cabinet.) Tonight I told her, "Time for a bath!" and started filling the tub with water. She immediately ran to her room, opened up her dresser drawer, and got out a washcloth. When we say that it's time for bed, she goes right into her room and sits on the floor where we all sit together to pray. Yesterday she did that at naptime! She is learning sounds that animals make, specifically fish, tiger, doggy/puppy, kitty, and monkey. She can point to and say "eye" and "nose", and when you ask her where her foot is she holds it up while standing on the other leg. She is just too cute and too smart and I can't stand that she is getting so big!

Tampa Bay beat Boston last night, as unbelievable as that may be. I stayed up and watched the whole game! So, now on to the World Series. This time it's Go Phillies!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Awe, cute...I'm sure she's grow'n up way too fast. BTW, I didn't remember what you were talking about when you mentioned the NoDoze...then I suddenly remembered all and couldn't stop laughing! Chris thought it was quite amuzing. He's a pretty calm guy so naturally he thought it was a bit crazy...lol