October 22, 2008

Game One

The first game of the World Series is on right now! The score is 3-1 Phillies, top of the 5th. I am now rooting for the Phillies, Cove Girl! I hope that doesn't mean that they will lose, since the other two teams I rooted for lost ...

Sweetgirl00god, thank you for identifying yourself. I was truly puzzled. :) (I didn't publish your comment in case you prefer to remain anonymous. We'll just keep my other readers in the dark, heh heh heh.)

The Boogie had her 18-month check-up yesterday. It was, however, scheduled for today. Yes indeedy, I took her on the wrong day in spite of the fact that it was clearly written on the calendar. I would like to take this opportunity to say that it's not my fault. You see, I always take her on Tuesdays and to be scheduled for a Wednesday completely threw me off. Also the pediatrician's office called on Monday to confirm. I listened to the first part of the message and ignored the rest since I already knew when her appointment was (I thought.) That also threw me because don't most doctors' offices confirm the day before? I know the one I work for does! Therefore a call on Monday would mean that the appointment is on Tuesday. When it comes right down to it, though, it's my fault and mine alone. I didn't listen to the whole message, and I didn't carefully check my calendar. Bless their hearts, they squeezed us in anyway. The Boogie weighs 22 lbs 7 oz, and is 32 inches long. She's good and healthy and right on track in her milestones. She was so good with the doctor, talking to him and even singing (which indicates that she is comfortable) and then she had to have shots. I will confess that everytime she gets shots I cry too. I can't help it. I hate that my baby is hurting. But a quick little poke that is soon forgotten is better than risking getting a dangerous disease.

Tonight SIL3 and HR and H-man came over for dinner. The Boogie and H-man played so nicely. They are really improving in their relationship, hee hee. Instead of trying to take each other's toys all the time, they now chase each other around laughing gleefully, and imitate each other. They still take the occasional swing at the other but things are much better than they used to be. I'm so glad. It certainly makes for a more comfortable time for the parents.

I am going to brush my teeth and climb into bed. I can watch the game just as well from there as I can from the couch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute blog....I couldn't stop laughing! (Btw, thanks for keeping me incognito---keepin' folks guessin' is good!)