October 28, 2008

Kinda Bummin'

*WARNING: you are about to read yet another complaint about apartment living. Feel free to skip to the following paragraph*
We have been very blessed not to have smoking neighbors in close proximity to us. There are a couple of people in this building who do smoke but we rarely smell it unless they are on the front porch and our windows are open (unlike BIL/SIL1 who live right next door to one of the smokers and have the smell come in through their electrical outlets.) However, over the last few weeks I've occasionally noticed the smell of cigarette smoke inside our apartment, like inside the water heater/furnace closet, and in the bathroom. I thought it was odd to have it in those rooms since the closet is completely enclosed, and the bathroom window is closed so it can't be coming from outside. The only thing DH could figure was that someone downstairs is smoking and it comes up through their furnace exhaust which he thinks is linked to ours. Then it can go right through our vents. It is annoying but hasn't happened a lot. Last night, though, when I went to check on the Boogie right before I went to bed, her room reeked of cigarette smoke. UGH. I am so disgusted. I don't want her to breathe that. I don't want her clothes/toys/blankets to smell like it. Most of all, I am worried that someone is smoking in bed downstairs. I am so freaked out about fire. My overactive imagination pictures a fire starting in the bedroom below the Boogie's and then going right up into her room. I am praying very hard that this was a one-time thing and never ever ever happens again.

So. The Phillies. The Phillies stomped the Rays in game 4. Stomped. All. Over. Them. Then game 5 last night was suspended in the sixth inning because of rain! Ack! I think it's kind of neat that the score was tied though. This way neither team really has an advantage. At least that's the way my limited sports-mind looks at it, ha ha. I've thought for a long time that baseball is a suspenseful game and this really proves it. The weather is still pretty nasty today so we'll see if they resume the game tonight or tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cigarette smoke is at least something worth complaining about. Can you talk to the apt. manager about it. Possibly contracting cancer from second hand smoke while you're sleeping or having her develop asthma would NOT be good. It makes me realize that I have a lot more to be thankful for than I could ever imagine. I know I've thought about what life would be like in an apt. The old black and whit movies where they lived in apt, made it looks so romantic sometimes, but my kids noise levels some days would be enough to send someone through the roof:) Hopefully there's some way to resolve this and live more peaceably with the neighbors.