October 25, 2008

Rain Delay

The weather here is rainy, windy, and thundery. Game 3 is being delayed. Honestly I hope they postpone it to another day because I don't want to be up until all hours of the morning. :)

Last night after the Boogie's bath I let her run around naked for a while which made her all giddy and excited. I kept a close eye on her in case of accidents. Sure enough, after about ten minutes she peed. Oh, well! I didn't put a diaper on her because I figured that was it (oh, we first-time moms. How much we have to learn.) As soon as I finished cleaning up I came out of her room to find her standing in a huge puddle in the dining room! Silly me. I should have known. So I cleaned up the second mess but had I learned my lesson? Nope. Still no diaper. Yep, a third accident. All within ten minutes! I won't be doing that again.


Today was DH's monthly Saturday off. I stayed home from work and we slept in (sort of.) Then we wandered around in our jammies for a while and H-man came up to play with the Boogie. After a while his mom came up and we Google-mapped places where we used to live. It was really fun to see where HR used to live in Okinawa. This afternoon Di came over from church and baby sat while DH and I went outlet shopping. I got new shoes! Finally! Here they are: I've been looking for a while and have tried on many pairs but as soon as I put these on I knew they were the ones. (They remind me of you, Mrs. Holloway. Do you still wear shoes that look like this?) We also did some Christmas shopping. I am so happy to have begun Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. Maybe, just maybe, if I'm diligent, I can actually get a lot of it finished before Thanksgiving. **Begin new paragraph. For some reason I can't publish this with a space between my last paragraph and the next one. I have tried multiple times. I give up.**
Downstairs Neighbor and her roommates/friends/drinking buddies have been at it again. Last night their party was so loud that it kept me awake until about 1:00. This morning around 9:30 when the Boogie and H-man were playing and we were going about our normal, everyday business, Downstairs Neighbor or her roommate/friend/drinking buddy had the gall to pound on the ceiling at us, very loudly. We weren't doing anything out of the ordinary. It certainly wasn't our fault if they had a hangover that made them uber-sensitive to noise. So, DH called the apartment manager to complain. Apparently BIL1 also called the apartment manager. Tonight the music has been going again though thankfully not as loud as last night. Some friends/drinking buddies have also shown up. DH just went down and asked Downstairs Neighbor to keep it a little quieter tonight. She said she wasn't there last night. Hmm. Well. We shall see what happens. I may have a very interesting entry tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I sometimes wear shoes similar to the ones you posted a picture of,but I never got into the habit of wearing ones without a full heel. I now wear slightly more stylish shoes WHEN i can't get away with wearing sandals, flip flops or going barefoot:) Cute shoes though. They look comfy.